Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Forgive and Forget


I was crying and eating my dinner at the same time just now, my aunt left for Malaysia tonight. And she has been here for almost 4 months. Cooking, washing, cleaning for us while we are so busy with our lives. She took care of my never-stop-hyper-ing-nephew and took him to school and bring him back home from school. From tomorrow, I will be the one who has to wake up at 6:50 am and make him brush his teeth, change his clothes and take the bus and bring him to school. It's not that I have to do it that makes me sad. It's that my aunt is the best thing here that has helped me a lot. Eventhough she is not the richest and well-educated women in the world, I know she has been through so much that her experience and wisdom are her treasures. No one can beat that.

I do not know if it is appropriate to say this but it is also NO shame to say that she is a widow. She was married at the age of 18, because of the elections during her time were so dangerous that her husband got shot in the head MISTAKEN BY SOMEONE ELSE WITH MY ELDEST UNCLE at the age of 20. She was pregnant with her second child. Can you believe it? What if you were in her shoes?

Tears filled her and my eyes when she told me the DA (Some highest authority guy) went to her house and told her the news. She immediately broke down and cried and cried and she asked my grandma to show her his picture. She just said: 'I want to look at my husband's photo now, I need to look at his photo!' Do you know how heartbreaking it is? Do you know how depressing it is to lose your love one? And you were only married for less than 2 years?? She was pregnant with her second child which is my cousin's younger brother then. My cousin's younger brother didn’t even had the chance to see what his father looked like. She took 7 years to overcome this tragedy and pain.

She is almost 60 now, she never remarry which my cousin said it was one of the greatest thing she had ever done. I am so glad that she has one of the kind-hearted daughter in the world, which is my cousin, supporting me in my studies, and having a wonderful family together with her grandson, which is named after her late husband: Christopher.

Once I remembered telling Christopher how special he is because only he has the name Christopher. He said: "Yea, I am special but mummy (my cousin) daddy's name is also Christopher. He is in heaven now." Tears filled my eyes once again. It is the sweetest thing I had ever heard in my life from a 5 year old.

My aunt has taught me so many things about life, how you should treasure it and what to do and what not to do. People in this world tend to forget about the true meaning of living. That is to love and be kind to one another. Even though it is hard. There is always room for love. Do not forget. It is the care and kindness that we give that keep humans going on. So try to tolerate and learn to forgive and forget. It is how peace is maintain throughout the race of the human beings.


It is how my aunty learnt to forgive the ones that killed her beloved husband.

2 comments:

said...

eva is damn sucks

Mf & Eva said...

chow jiun is sucky dog.