Monday, April 21, 2008

What is love ha??

Sometimes I wonder, I really wonder if we are meant to be. Do we really love each other? Did I made the right choice? Did YOU made the right choice? Did God allow us to go on for so long?(*considerably long..) If He did, why did he put us in different parts of the world?

Some of my friends say it won't work out. Some of my friends say it will.

I will always give them a reply: I don't know too. 走一步,算一步。Ok lar, no english saying ok, the best I can come up with is See how it goes lo...

But that does not give the intention that I am not serious about this relationship. I am. I hope it can go on. But sometimes I wonder, no, I know it is too naive. But I am no playgirl. I am not the type who bears to play or fool around with feelings. I can't do it.

Mum says don't go in too deep. You'll never know, there might be a better guy out there for you.

Yea. There are millions of better guys out there. Cute, capable, rich, good looking, fit, smart....

But the question is: Can that BETTER guy share the common intention (shit, I sound so contract law) to prolong and get along well with each other throughout the relationship? Does he understand my personality or culture? Does he know what I want? Do I know what he wants? Can I bear with someone who I hardly know?

Hmmm...

I've seen enough friends or married couples suffer. I do not want to go through that. Everything becomes different after you get married or even before marriage. All the glamour, romance and promises... they fade away. I know nothing is forever in this world but seeing people not only lose those promises and romance, it evolves into quarrels and even divorce and stuffs just breaks my heart. Where is the love you promised to each other when you were courting? So LOVE is just four letters you promised to someone you think is amazing, stunning or fantastic?

No man.

Ok lar, I know Im only 20 ok, but talking about 28 year old stuffs. But hey, I still remember myself swearing in class like a boy when I am 13 ok and failed my maths exams all the time and now i'm a frigging 2X.

Sien lar.....WHAT IS LOVE!?????!!!

Suddenly I remember...

Love is patient, Love is kind,
It does not envy, it does not boast,
It is not proud, It is not rude,
It is not self-seeking,It is not easily angered,
It keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil,but rejoices with the truth.
Love always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Love bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends.

Trust me, just use this as your guide. You will truly find out IF you really love that someone or not.

And my answer is YES... He really really loves me :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!

1 Corinthians 13!

The Best illustration of LOVE!

tan, a yeo's brand! said...

hah.. I hate to say this but..

don't listen to ur mum just this time..

Jarod Yong said...

=D

your heart will tell you what is right...