Saturday, March 1, 2008

*touched

Comparing your 19th bday in Victoria's secret in Merdeka Palace with your 20th bday out here alone where you don't evcn know if the relatives you live with even cares about it and the point is that you know it's gonna suck. It is one of the things you experienced in life, where you find out even if you are so friggin afraid of Mr. Loneliness, he will still be there for you, especially your birthday.


I mean seeing my 5 year old nephew showered with gifts during Christmas does not make me feel better. Last last year, he had 15 presents. 9 from his dad and four from his godmothers oh yea, I forgot to count his grandma's huge treehouse and a friggin miniature life size crane for him to play with back in Wales.

He's spoilt. Sometimes I really envy him. I mean, he went to Italy, France, Malaysia and will be going to Japan soon. And my cousin pampers him like hell~ But come on, the kids here are all like that, they get showered with toys, presents and get to travel to different places in the world provided Europe is so near UK anyway. I would want my kid to share the same luxury too, I guess. But comparing myself, I mean look at the world.

People are starving, War in Iraq, do you know how the kids are living back there? They are crying out in hunger and all they want is just some nice food and water. Toys? What are toys they would ask. Italy? Is that a fruit?

Romania, well known for toturing kids, they tie babies to their cot from preventing them to get out of it. WTF? Are you an animal? You do not have any moral sense do you? Hey, babies are meant to cry and eat and they do get naughty sometimes, but why tie them to their cots and beat them up and starve them?

But anyway, I am counting my blessings, I am blessed I come from an above average family with love and care. Even though Asian families are well known for not showing love publicly, 所谓打就是疼,骂就是爱~~

To console myself by counting my blessings, I remind myself dad works his ass off to send me here. Isn't that enough to prove that he loves me by providing me comfort and a bright future while he's back home facing those stupid employers bossing him around with a smile? My mum worries her ass off by forcing and keeps reminding me to eat supplements and vitamins cos she's worried bout my health? I know they both love me to bits as well. I do not need 15 toys during Christmas to show me that, I do not need to go to France, Italy or anywhere cool to know that they love me and would do anything for me.. They just love me.



Well, i also thank God he gave me such caring and true friends who knew how it was like alone overseas... Grace came down from Cambridge for Imperial night and went to Primark and got me a little early bday present. Aww it's the thought that counts really, no matter if it is only a card or just a greeting.

Thanks..


And I am overwhelmed that someone in Singapore did not forget me too! Love you to bits girl! Thank you so much.






And btw I DO NOT HAVE EAR HOLES.. wu wu wu but nvm, I'll manage to get one before my wedding LOL! Anyway, it's the thought that matters.
p/s I didnt notice the card that says: Do not open until 3/3. BUT i did not open the card ok ~~

2 comments:

miiro said...

HAHA that's what happens to friends who spend most of their time chatting online but not face to face.

BUT I CAN SWEAR THAT I REMEMBER U HAVING EAR HOLES. weird.

and 20 yr old without ear holes?? i bring u go do it on august!! =D

love u

miiro said...

sorryyyyyyyyyyyy